Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sometimes it's Hard to Be a Woman...

Yes, sometimes it is hard to be a woman. I know I'm not saying anything new. And it is nothing that every female hasn't had to deal with at one time or another in her lifetime. Whether it be the daily shaving of your legs n pits. The coloring or highlighting of your hair. The facial masks, lotions and acid peels to stave off aging of the face. The PMS, the monthly cycles, or the ultimate in woman hardships-pregnancy and childbirth. It is indeed not always easy to be a woman.









I'm not saying it is easy to be a man either. Don't get me wrong. Ya'll have your hardships as well. But, and here is the big BUT...women love you no matter how you look. You put on a few "lbs."...fine by us. More to love. You lose a little hair...it doesn't faze us. You get gray hair...we think you look more distinguished. ETC. Also, society is a little easier on a man's appearance I do believe. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)









That being said, society does judge a woman's appearance a little more harshly. And women especially will judge other women. Usually not to their face, mind you. But, a "Tsk tsk...I'm so glad I don't have (enter horrible affliction of your choice here) like so and so...."









Today, I took the bull by the horns so to speak. I decided to squelch the whispers. Give people something else to talk about. I dealt with my own latest horrible affliction- (Que scary music here...da da duuuum...)...facial hair. Yep, I admit it- I had it. Since my hysterectomy a few years back, I don't have quite the estrogen I once had. Poor, sad, little, uno remaining ovary can't keep up with the demand I guess. I first started noticing a few downy soft facial hairs popping up above my lip. Then, spreading to my chin. Then my cheeks... Next thing you know, I look like freakin Chewbacca!!! (Well, except for the height difference. But I digress.)









So, today I took a few "me moments" and opened up a "Moom Hair Removal Wax Strip Kit" I had ordered. Before I go any further, let me say these little all natural oil strips REALLY do work. Now, let me tell you HOW they work...









You gently warm up the strip between your hands. Alright. I figure, if a little warming is good-really warm is better. So I took it to the next level. I held my little strip right up to my electric fireplace. Yep, made it niiiiice n toasty! Then I applied it to my face per instructions. But I'm not stupid. I applied ALL the strips at once. I didn't want to do just one strip at a time and wuss out if it was too gawd awful painful. (Yep, I'm a thinker I am! :)









Next, I waited for the wax to cool a little. Wanted to make sure I got all those little hairs attached to it. Like they say in the military...Leave no soldiers behind. No sir ee!









Then, I ripped those little suckers off as hard and quick as I could. No gentle removal of the band aid here. We are talking lightening speed.









Let me tell you what it sounded like: Deep breath, RRRRRiiiPPPP, ...YIPE!!!...followed by hysterical laughter. Yeah, cause I had like 5 more to go you see. It was all shits n giggles for about 3 minutes there. No pain-No gain Baby!









But now, WOW!!! My face is as smooth and soft as a baby's butt. It also has red stripes where it looks like I took a belt to my face. But I'm sure the soothing chamomile oils (or whatever they are) will calm that down in no time at all....Like a day or two.



In the meantime, I am enjoying this new improved(?) hair free face of mine. Now, if I could just quit giggling and humming...."Sometimes it's hard to be a woman...."

4 comments:

Stacy D. Briefing said...

**Update** 3 hours after procedure, red stripes have receded...giggles and humming remain. ;O

kiki said...

I was actually scared reading that!! LOL
I got a bikini wax once...once I repeat. For those that didn't know, the ones that don't rip out with the scalding wax and tearing of the strip...they pluck out...one by one. Fun spa treatment that was. Then I got little white heads all over where each hair once was...by the time my new "acne" had gone away...the stubble had returned. ...cool!
So, I will not be ordering what you are having. :)Glad your face is soft though

Anonymous said...

squirt visine all over your face. When I do my eyebrows thats what I do.

Jen said...

"It also has red stripes where it looks like I took a belt to my face."

I almost fell out of my chair laughing with that one! Stacy, you can tell a story like no one else I know.

I've been waxing my upper lip for awhile now... the chin is in my future, I am certain.

Heeeelarious! You need to write a book of short stories. Seriously.