Friday, December 11, 2009

Behold...My Grasshopper

It is no surprise to anyone who knows me, how much I love my boys. My love for them is so immense, it is immeasurable by current standards.

It is also no surprise to anyone who has ever met my boys, how different they both are in personalities. Both are wonderful, kind, beautiful, and lovely little individuals. That being said however...I must mention that they are indeed INDIVIDUALS. For example, ONE abides by rules and regulations. Never tries to push the envelope. Not even a smidgen. He is a model citizen. A poster child for good behavior. I admire and respect him immensely. He has achieved what has always remained elusive to me.

The OTHER ONE is another matter entirely. He LIVES to shock, amuse, and entertain. It is a desire in his soul too stong too be denied A sense of humor, too large to be contained. He has bent the envelope so far apart, that the aforementioned rules have come flying out and scattered upon the floor. Upon which, he just looks at them, shakes his head, and giggles at so absurd an idea as rules. Sadly, I identify with this pint sized rebel all too well. I have seen my past become my future...and it scares me. More than just a little.

Here is just the latest example of Brown Eyes' wacky sense of humor and compelling desire to shock people:

Yesterday, he announced: "I have to go potty." He giggled, grabbed the camera and headed for the bathroom.

Upon seeing this I said: "Brown Eyes, what are you doing???"

He replies (laughing hysterically): "I'm going to video myself going to the bathroom."

To which I reply: "Brown Eyes! Some things are private."

Still laughing, he says with attitude (and I quote): "And obviously, SOME things are not."
Then.... he SLAMS the bathroom door in my face.

Much laughter (on both sides of the door) and a few minutes later, he emerges. Proudly displaying this self portrait:






The image is Shocking, Funny, Breaks all the rules of Propriety, While still managing to be impossibly cute.



I couldn't be more proud!!! :)

Much love and admiration Grasshopper!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool picture. BUT please take a picture when no one is in there. I want to see your wall paper better. I like it:)


my word rumen

I need I need some rumen me

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Thanks-Will do. It's actually the boys shower curtain for their "Lodge." ;)

Jen said...

I can't wait for the photos he will take when he is in college.... :)

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Great Googley Moogley! I can only imagine! LOL...

kiki said...

That is the funniest thing ever!!!! I am sure blue eyes was laughing, shaking his head and thinking to himself that although funny....he would NEVER do that!
Too cute!!