Thursday, November 5, 2009

Heading North for the Winter

Okay, so maybe not for the winter. :) More like heading north for 55-56 hours and then turning right around and heading south again. But 55-56 hours without husband, children and pets will feel like an entire season. I will be excited to see everyone in the great state of Kansas. I will be excited to gab like a schoolgirl all the way up there and back. I will be excited to finish a thought, a sentence, a meal uninterrupted. Take a few deep breaths. Relax. Be responsibility free.



And then,after 55-56 hours, I will be even more excited to see all my boys once again. All my assorted critters of all shapes and sizes. To hug and kiss all of the aforementioned repeatedly. I will think thoughts and finished sentences and uninterrupted meals are over-rated. I will welcome all my responsibilities with open arms. I will be excited about all my chores. The cooking, the cleaning, the bill paying, the.....



Okay, everything is true except for the last 2 sentences. I really don't think I will ever be excited about those things.



Now, I'm off to spend the rest of the evening with my wonderful family. Then tomorrow I'm off to see my wonderful extended family and friends. Also, saying a little prayer that we will all stay safe while we are together and apart. Amen.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Cannot wait to see you guys!
Drive careful!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time:)

kiki said...

:) weeeeee