Tuesday, November 10, 2009

55 Hours

55 hours doesn't seem like a long time. It didn't seem like a long time spent in a vehicle driving because I was so busy gabbing like a schoolgirl. 55 hours wasn't nearly enough time to indulge in my sister's fabulous cooking. Yummy!!! To reminisce with a sister and father you love more than words can say. To visit with wonderful friends you cherish and don't get to see nearly enough. While these moments are transpiring, you want time to stand still. But, time flies by in a blink of an eye. Yet, there was some true quality time jammed into those 55 hours. Smiles. Laughter. Hugs. As well as precious new memories to hold close.







However, 55 hours seemed like an eternity away from all my boys and critters. It was so wonderful to wrap them back up in my arms again as well. On the surface it didn't appear that much had changed in the short time I was away. Yet, in 55 hours my teenage boy who was the same height as me when I left...grew a 1/2 inch taller than me when I returned. His shoe size also grew 1/2 size larger. In 55 hours, my youngest son had another tooth emerge where a gummy grin had previously been.







Seems 55 hours can make a dramatic difference in your life and of those around you. It can bring you rest, relaxation, joy, bliss, fantastic memories, and even personal growth. It can also remind you that time is a fragile thing. Something we should not take for granted because we don't know how much we are guaranteed.







So, I am now resolving to seize onto every moment and make the most of it. To spend more quality time with those I love. To find more time for myself and self improvement. To make a difference no matter how big or how small. To try and remember how precious the gift of time really is.

3 comments:

Jen said...

You are amazing in so many ways! I don't see any room for improvement. :) I am glad that I got to share a few of your 55 hours with you. I can't thank you enough for all you did for us. Love you!

And my word verification is "wootseel" :)

kiki said...

Amen....

Here's to a weekend of beautiful memories and bonding.

Anonymous said...

You are wonderful! So glad you had a great time.




my word twercken sounds like a redneck word if I ever heard one:)