Sunday, November 22, 2009

Going Clubbing in your 40's

In my 20's clubbing was something I looked forward to. Took hours to prepare for. Once there, I spent hours dancing and drinking and laughing hysterically with friends. After closing the club down, we'd usually all go out for breakfast. Then the next morning, I might wake up with a headache. I might also vow to not do it again...til the next weekend.



Clubbing takes on a whole new meaning in your 40's. Oh, I still go clubbing. I went today as a matter of fact. Went with my husband.( Who was giving me such a hard time, I mentioned I might try meeting someone new once we got to the club....Hee hee!) We even took the kiddos with us. Sounds shocking I know! But then again, clubbing in your 40's means an outing to the local Sam's Club. There is no preparation beforehand; except, preparing a shopping list. There is no drinking involved-although, now that I think of it- it would definitely make the whole outing a more pleasant experience. Perhaps drain the box of wine before you reached the register. Hmmmm...Would be much easier to load it in the truck. :) Alas, there is also a whole different type of dancing involved too. Dance moves that include swaying from side to side with your cart to get out of the congested aisles. There is no unpleasant headache the next morning to contend with however. No. The headache starts the moment you see your total on the register. Shocking indeed!!! Buying in bulk can add up quickly.



I sometimes miss the good ol' clubbing days of my 20's. But I do have to say, when you go clubbing in your 40's...you definitely have a lot more to show for it. Just ask me, I have the receipt to prove it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So long as you aren't clubbing baby seals !

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! But on you Sunday Best kids, we're going to Sam's (Sears) (Brady Bunch)
Sam's cheapest lunch around, how bout those 4 berry Sundays?
Here in the wicked north, Sams keeps me from blowing my fing head off in Feb. When its too cold and no one to visit (cause everyone else is in Florida) I pack the kids up and go to Sams. I have one in either direct one is 35 minutes and one is 45 min.

My Word is bedsoven A hot bed

kiki said...

Amen...
Sam's checkout total scares me too. You are very brave to go on a weekend or evening. ...yikes.

Jen said...

I love Sam's. My kids love Sam's.
We are such nerds! :)

And honestly, I am not sure I could hang with 20-something clubbers anymore. The mere thought makes me tired! :P