Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Fever? I prescribe water. Lots and lots of water...

Friday I got a case of Spring Fever. Got it bad. Real Bad I tell ya. Should've been doing schoolwork all day. But by afternoon, it was just too nice to be held hostage by the educational system any longer. Wait! Aren't I the educational system???....YES. I. AM....Hmmmm. Don't I have final say in what the boys are learning? Why,... YES. I. DO. So without further adieu, I motioned that they should be learning about the great outdoors on this fine Friday. The motion was passed. ;) Ahhhh, victory. I was feeling pretty powerful.



Then, I thought I would see if my powers could supersede the career sector as well as the educational. I texted hubby Ricardo at work....



" Sunny skies. Winds 12mph. Boat just BEGGING to be taken out....."



Got reply back: "Give me 20 minutes."



Wow! My powers of persuasion amaze me sometimes! I'm like the almighty OZ!!! I must remember to only use my powers for good, not evil. HA!



But seriously, check out this PERFECT day on the water....



It was absolutely perfect. GORGEOUS I tell ya! A not to be missed kind of day. Don't you concur?! I was feeling like Miss New Jersey (from "Miss Congeniality")



Pagent Host: "Stacy name your idea of the perfect date."



Me: "April 9th. Not too hot. Not too cold. Maybe, just a light sweater" Ha! ( Sorry. Ahem.)
Continuing on....


Our boat is nothing fancy. But she sure is fun. She's reliable. Safe. And pretty if I do say so myself. And when she tops out she can go 50mph. Which doesn't sound that fast....but on the water- Woohooo! Feels like you are flying!


Course only this guy is allowed to take her this fast. Why, just look how manly he is. So in control. So capable of handling any situation.
Hey Captain....How you doin' ?! ;)


Course, being Captain is great. But you know what else is fun. When your boys get old enough to drive and you can just kick back and relax.....


That's right. I said boys. As in plural. Check out driver number uno....



Being a teenager, he looks down and adjusts the stereo first before anything else. Because as any teenager knows, good tunes are crucial when driving. LOL!





Then, once some cool tunes are in place, it's cruisin' time buddy!






Hard to believe in a few short years this one will be behind the wheel of something other than a boat. But as Scarlett would say, "I'll worry about that tomorrow."
As for today, I'm just relaxing and enjoy the sunshine, the waves, and my awesome family.
Tune in tomorrow for the pics of Driver Number Two....Hysterical!!!




2 comments:

kiki said...

Oh, great powerful one, you have an adorable family! That's a perfect day. I can not believe he's old enough to be driving!! ...and can't wait to see tomorrow's pics. I am a bit nervous. :)

Jen said...

My goodness. Blue eyes looks so manly and grown up driving that boat!

I am so glad you all had a lovely day on the water. Looks like a perfect day for it!