Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Things I Enjoyed this Summer...And the Beginning of the Daily 3

As the summer comes to an end, I thought I would share how I spent some of my "off-time."
I started this book in April:
I finished it at the end of May. I must admit, at the time I was struggling to focus and finish it. But, I'm glad I did. Truly a life changing book. If you read it and apply some of the changes she suggests, you will be amazed at the difference in yourself. Honest. I feel so much better. Better than I have in a long time. All because I can relax again. Whew! It feels great!
And because I am soooooo relaxed, I could enjoy a few other fun reads this summer like:
I'm a nerd. If I like a book, I'll read it over and over. I read this one last summer as well. I pulled it out again this summer...and it STILL had me laughing out loud. If you are looking for a fun read-give this one a whirl!
Another book I found so intriguing:


One Thousand White Women. It is based on "what if." What if the government had traded 1000 White Women to the Indians in exchange for 1000 horses and a peace agreement back in the day. It is written in diary form. I really enjoyed it. Very thought provoking. And the characters will stay with you long after you close the book.
Speaking of books in Diary form:

Excellent! A woman who has been abducted for a year and is trying to get her life back. She narrates thru sessions with her therapist. Not a lighthearted read; but a good one. Makes you realize how strong the human spirit and the fight for survival is.
And if the thought of being abducted doesn't scare the crap out of you enough...

READ THIS ONE!!! Holy crappers! I'm forever nervous about being "in the system" now. You won't EVER look at donating blood the same way again. Promise! :)
Now this has nothing to do with any of the above, except I like them and wanted to share with you.





I don't like gummie candy. At all. But THESE are really the bomb! I actually look forward to taking them every morning. And secretly wish I could have more than two. :)
And for some more not so guilty pleasure:





I buy these at our local health food store. They are a nice alternative to chocolate cake, brownies, and muffins. So when you want to indulge a little, you can. Not like the real thing mind you; but, not bad. Not bad at all.
So there you have it. A short list of things that I spent my summer indulging in. Just thought I'd share.
And for a final note:
I'm going to make a change on this and all future posts. In keeping with my de-stressing way of life and for appreciating all that I have in my life- I will begin listing 3 things that I am grateful for that day at the end of every post. Big things or small. Just my way of reflecting on, and acknowledging all I have to be grateful for. So here goes...
3 Things I am Grateful for Today:
1. That my family and myself are all healthy, happy and together.
2. The absolute, complete feeling of a relaxing sanctuary that my bedroom brings me every day.
3. The hummingbirds that come to my yard thru-out the day. Truly beautiful, graceful, fun creatures to watch and enjoy! Well Done Big Guy-Well Done!

2 comments:

kiki said...

What a great post. I love when people list favorite things. :) I'm geeky that way. I always always have wanted to be on a My Favorite Things Oprah show. LOL. Speaking of love, the new thankful list is brilliant. Your mind seems to be in a very good place grasshopper. Looking forward to your funny self ending with your grateful self. Love it!!

Jen said...

I liked this post a lot too - and appreciate the suggestions for books to read. I am always on the lookout for a good book!