Thursday, August 26, 2010

Got Wood?

In our quest to replace the flooring thru-out the house, we have now completed our second room. Hooray! We do one room at a time. We have 18 months to pay it off interest free. Then, we start on the next room. I have tabulated that it will take 9 years to complete our home. But, who cares. It's only time. And it helps build patience. And character. :)

Anyhow, the lucky recipient of room makeover #2 was Ol' Blue Eyes. I didn't get before shots. (Of course.) But here are shots of the freshly laid floor:
Here is a sample of the dust that accumulated on the ceiling and walls (as they did all the sawing of the pieces in the room instead of outside. Oy-Vey!) :
I cannot tell you how LONG it took to get all the dust up. I had to vacuum the walls people! Yet, it was worth it I must admit. But, don't take my word for it. Have a gander for yourself:
Viola! I'm so pleased and thankful. And Blue Eyes is over the moon excited by his room. Poor Baby said nothing of having to wait 3 summers with dark gray paint splattered on his old carpet from his Mom's "oopsie mishaps" while painting his ceiling. But, I digress. I'm amazed at how much better his allergies are as well now. No carpet to trap dander, dust, etc.
Anyhow, that's our latest renovation project. Check back in anther 18 months for the next room make-over. :)
*Oops, forgot my daily 3* So here goes:
1. I am grateful to spend everyday with my children.
2. That I get to hear the most beautiful sound in the world daily- their laughter.
3. That my children still think it's cool when I dance with them instead of humiliating. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely!!!!!! What an awesome job!
We are doing our roof starting Sept. 8th. We are paying sorta the same way. Thanks for the pictures:)

Kiki said...

That is classy! Very, very nice Blue Eyes. :) I had forgotten how cute his ceiling was too. Love it! Great job! ...And very smart way to stay out of debt as well!

Jen said...

Looks fantastic! Love it!

kiki said...

Just now noticed the title to your post. LOL ...nice!

Good Thankfuls. :)