Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This:
is all that is left to be completed from our box-0-knowledge. I 'd show you what is left of our minds....but, I don't have a photo of mush. Guess if I was being really creative, I would have posted a pic of oatmeal. Or toast. But, you'll just have to settle for the mental image. Sorry.
We hope to be completed with this years work by the end of June. It is hard to say who is looking the most forward to some down time. We are all deserving of it, that's for sure. This year has been kicking our butts. Glad I only have 2 children, 'cause home schooling three could lead to insanity. As it is...."I'm right on the edge!" LOL!
Now on to happier subjects....
We have a new neighbor:
I couldn't be happier! A robin couple have decided out of all the homes to chose from, that this little tree in our yard would be perfect for them. (See resident at left on fence.)

I love Robins! They are my second favorite bird.( only to doves.) They remind me of Kansas. Because you can't look up into the sky in Kansas without seeing a Robin it seems. So, this helps me feel close when I am far away. But I digress. Anyhow,... they have provided us with hours of enjoyment when we are out poolside. Because ALL day long they do this. Stop on the fence (see above) to check in with us.

Then swoop down off the fence ...



And into their tree home. Back and forth, forth and back, all day, everyday, til dark falls. Then it is beddy-bye time. ( Cause...Rules are rules! ;)




Here's both of them together. Cute huh? I'm guessing we will be having little ones hopping about trying to earn their wings soon. I can't wait!
You can be sure that I am being most diligent in my duties to protect them, their home, and their upcoming offspring. I've always got a watchful eye out. So rest easy Kansas, you're transplants are doing just fine! ;)
Now if you'll excuse me, we gotta get back to oatmeal and toast. I mean schoolwork. Ugh!



No comments: